Donning an Overwatch costume would surely thrust you into the gaming world this Halloween. If you’re a serious gamer, you’ll likely want to get into the video game experience even more by representing a character from a popular video game. One such game is Overwatch and their costumes are stylish and colorful.
Overwatch was released by Blizzard Entertainment and was created for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox one. It’s a multi-player first person shooter game, where your teams can pick to play with any one of the twenty characters.
The gist of the game is that players must work together on different tasks, such as defending point on a map or moving payloads.
One of the most popular characters in the Overwatch world is D. Va. She has:
- several abilities and weapons including micro missile and a light gun.
- a defense matrix, which is a forward-facing shield that can deflect oncoming projectiles.
- She can only keep the defense matrix up for short periods of time, though.
- This D.Va cosplay costume is a jumpsuit that covers all the way down to the ankles and wrists.
- It features her light-blue body suit with pink and white accents.
- It also includes matching gloves and a headpiece.
- The costume doesn’t come with shoes or face paint.
Another great character you may want to represent this Halloween is Mercy.
- has a Valkyrie suit that allows her to stay close to the rest of the team.
- is a fitted jumpsuit with the zipper running down the front.
- comes with the wings Mercy’s known for that help her fly over battles to reach her friends. The wings are lightweight but sturdy.
- comes with Mercy’s signature headband.
You’ll have to buy the shoes separately. They aren’t sold with this costume.
The Overwatch Mercy costume is available in multiple sizes, and there’s a deluxe version that comes with more details on the suit.
One of the more popular characters in the game, Mercy is the healer for the people and uses her Caduceus Staff to restore someone’s health. She can also use the staff to increase damage that’s done to foes. Mercy can fly which enables her to reach her fallen comrades quicker.
- She also has a sidearm called the Caduceus Blaster, which she can use to protect herself with.
The character Reaper is known for causing damage and destruction. His twin shotguns allow him to defeat his enemies twice as fast as any other character.
He also has the Death Blossom ability, which allows him to fire both shotguns at an incredible speed, killing any foes near him.
Reaper also has an ability called Wraith Form, which allows him to pass through enemies unharmed. Nothing can hurt him when he’s in this form, but he can only sustain it for a short while.
When he’s in this form, he can’t fire his own weapons and he can’t use any of his other abilities either.
- Reaper’s costume is a full body suit with the famous cape attached.
- It comes with his signature skull mask and arm gauntlets.
- Some purchases include boot covers to complete the look.
- signature details
- features gauntlets attached at the elbow
- polyfoam backed vest slips over the jumpsuit has hook and eye at the side
- goggles (included)
You’ll need your own sneakers (sneakers not included)
Overwatch Soldier 76
Another member with a lot of fire power is Soldier: 76
Soldier 76 has Helix rockets, which allow him to injure a lot of enemies at once within a small radius.
This soldier turned vigilante also can sprint forward at breakneck speed, but the speed only works if he’s not using any other action.
- His Overwatch costume is his signature leather jacket and gloves.
- His mask is sold separately.
Halloween costumes are not just about the scare and horror anymore. The video game world has made its presence felt with its influx of gamer-style, futuristic, cool-looking characters which make for awesome costumes.
So get ready to jump into your favorite video game and bring it to life. Any of these Overwatch costumes is the ideal introduction to that world and perfect for their fans.